Our venue offers a day-of venue coordinator as part of your wedding day. What do they do?
Below is a breakdown of what your day-of coordinator does for you on your wedding day:
For your rehearsal your coordinator will:
- Line up the wedding party to show where/how to stand
- How to recess from the ceremony space
- How to process into the ceremony space
- Explain general ceremony etiquette
Then, during the ceremony, they will lead your ceremony by making sure everyone is accounted for, lined up, and sent in according to a plan made by you prior to the wedding!
They will also cue music with the DJ, to be sure all of that goes well too.
Sometimes the officiant does attend the rehearsal, but this is not at all required. If they do attend, there is typically a short portion of the rehearsal where they go over how the ceremony will flow.
Additionally, your day-of venue coordinator:
- Arrives before you do to the venue, and prepares for your arrival
- Manages venue/catering staff to ensure great experience for guests & couple
- Sets up any/all venue provided decor + assists with placement personal decor items (this depends on each different group on what exactly this includes - to discuss)
- Checks in with you throughout the day to provide assistance as needed
- Welcomes vendors and assists them as needed
- Leads rehearsal (see above for details)
- Welcomes guests and ensures guest flow during arrival time
- Leads ceremony lineup & processional
- Ensures that ceremony flows smoothly
- Directs guests following ceremony to social hour space
- Assist with room turnover (if indoor ceremony)
- Ensures cards & gifts are locked and secured during social hour
- Assists with social hour needs & transitions guests into dinner space & assists with guest seating (as needed)
- Assists with grand march (as needed along with your DJ/music provider)
Typically, once you/your guests are seated for dinner, your venue day-of coordinator will go home for the day. At this point, you’ll be in contact with your catering manager (who can assist you through the rest of the evening), your DJ/sound provider, and our security team to continue a smooth evening.